Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Followers...


I looked over on the side of the blog today and Lo, and Behold! there were people over there! Sarah and Mark have joined the blog as followers! Welcome. I am so glad to see you both here. Sarah I know, as a great friend of the family and a noted shipwreck researcher. (who must be getting it from all sides this week as the HMS Victory was just found!)

Mark I have just discovered as a local photographer who seems tied to the natural world around us with special links to water and the mountains. I look forward to seeing what he shoots in the future...

Which brings me to this. Please guys! Please enable the "Follow this Blog" widget on your own blogs so we can all follow each other! There are instructions to do that if you click the link on my page. It is pretty easy, too.

So once again, welcome. There will be lots more to come.

2 comments:

  1. I'll follow you if you follow me! But be kind as I'm painfully new to the blogging world.

    http://sarahelektra.blogspot.com/
    http://warningphdinprogress.blogspot.com/

    And yes - we're all very interested to see what happens next with the Victory find...it's sort of the proto-Victory as the one from the Battle of Trafalgar is in dry-dock in Portsmouth. But this one is sort of the one it was based on.

    Only problem? The folks that say they've found it are professional salvors and not archaeologists. Last I heard the ball was soundly in the court of the British Government as to whether or not Odyssey Marine Exploration will be be permitted to touch the site as it is a British warship and, therefore, still the sovereign property of the Ministry of Defence. And, of course, they SAY it isn't about the money but they have "volunteered" to take a reward...

    OK - MAJOR geek moment is over now...I'll step down from my very tall soapbox! :-) And I welcome anyone with the patience to read the PhD blog...yikes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys,

    Thanks for the props.

    I found your blog through a google alert for 'liveaboard and Seattle'; and was happy to find it! My wife and I live aboard too. Out of Everett, on a 1955 Chriscraft. I'm a newbie to blogs as well. I will try to enable the 'follow' feature. While I was searching around you blog for a way to message you, I found your vaccine blog. My wife and I are also vaccine questioners. Small world.

    Actually, crime scene photography is a part of my forensics job in Seattle. I like to balance my soul just a little with the nature, water and boats.

    I look forward to following your blogs.

    Cheers,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete