Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Electrical mess

Today Ben from Lake Union Yacht Center came by to look over my electrical panel and showed me what was going on. There are lots of things that look dodgy on the current panel and I am going to have to rewire a fairly important section of it. This, in earlier years, may have been met with thoughts of seppuku, but now I am thinking that this may just be something I could tackle myself.

I am going out to Fisheries Supply this afternoon to get some wire and I am going to wade into the world of low volt electrical myself. I have now seen how it is wired and I have been shown how it should be, and armed with this knowledge I am going to attempt it. The fact that Ben said he would help me out in the event of me getting myself in a jam was not lost on me either.

I will blog later to let you know how things are going but as of now it seems that the path should be pretty straight forward. I am sure that there will be a few curses thrown at the panel and more than a few problems will arise, but you will have to check back to see what happened.

Keep checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment