Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Brightwork starts anew...

It is August. A time when most sane people are using their boats and running all around the lakes and sound on them. I am not doing that. Well, OK I am, but I also have to do the dirty work that comes with being a boat owner. That means brightwork. Those who are unfamiliar with the term be warned it is not the most fun thing to do in the mid summer heat. Taping. Sanding. Varnishing. Not fun at all.

The boat has her ways of telling you that she needs you though, and ours did so yesterday when I looked down at the grab rails I finished just a few short months ago to find that they were starting to rub clean of the varnish I so lovingly applied. No time to lose! I had to get going. So now I am out there in the afternoons working on the woodwork when I could be swimming... Oh well, that's the life of a sailor.

And that is fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment